2. What does NASDAQ stand for?
a) Community of American Shares in Digital And Quantitative
b) Nationwide Affiliation of Securities Sellers Automated Quotations
c) Netflix, Alphabet, Starbucks, Dropbox, Apple, and Qualcomm
3. Which was one of many first firms to hit the capital elevating panic button in March?
a) Telstra elevating $200 million
b) Qantas elevating $10 billion
c) Cochlear elevating $930 million
4. From the place did James Packer give his proof to a NSW inquiry into Crown Resorts?
a) From Aspen the place he has been caught because the COVID-19 outbreak
b) From aboard a Crown On line casino airplane ferrying excessive rollers between Asia and Australia
c) From his luxurious tremendous yacht anchored close to Tahiti
5. What was the most important day by day motion on the ASX200 this 12 months?
a) A fall of 13% on 9 March
b) A fall of 9.7% on 16 March
c) An increase of 8% on 1 November
6. What was the identify of the guide by Liberal NSW senator Andrew Bragg that brought about complications for the superannuation trade?
a) Dangerous Egg: How you can Repair Tremendous
b) Tremendous Horrible: How you can Repair Tremendous
c) Tremendous Unhappy: What occurs if the working class controls capital
7. Which financial institution used a full web page advert on this masthead to subject a mea culpa in 2020?
a) Bendigo Financial institution – for refusing to just accept gold nuggets
b) Westpac – for 23 million breaches of anti-money laundering legal guidelines
c) ME Financial institution – for abruptly altering it insurance policies round redraw amenities
8. Surging iron ore costs helped Andrew Twiggy Forrest’s Fortescue Metals enhance its share value from a low of $8.58 in March to document highs of above $23 in December. From trough to peak in 2020, by how a lot did Twiggy’s 36.2 per cent stake enhance in worth?
a) By about $1 billion
b) Between $5 billion and $10 billion
c) Greater than $15 billion
9. In September, ASX-listed Domino’s Pizza stated its greatest nation was now Japan with greater than 700 shops. Which of the next flavours was not out there on the Domino’s Japan pizza menu web site in December?
a) American cheeseburger
b) Roast rooster with Hokkaido camembert
c) Shrimp Mayonnaise
10. What extraordinary occasion occurred to grease costs in April 2020?
a) They dropped to $US20.20 per barrel for twenty days in a show of worldwide solidarity by OPEC
b) Costs went unfavorable, all the way down to -$US37.63 per barrel, after an fund holding futures contracts panicked on the considered really taking possession of oil and paid somebody to take the contracts
c) The value chart confirmed a contango entrance flip with a backwardation twist, one thing that hasn’t occurred in 100 years.
11. Which of the large 4 banks recorded the most important decline in dividends in calendar 2020 in comparison with 2019?
a) Commonwealth Financial institution (dividend fell 15 per cent to $5.50)
b) Westpac (dividend fell 82 per cent to 31 cents)
c) Nationwide Australia Financial institution (dividend fell 100 per cent, it didn’t pay one)
12. Who phoned Woolworths boss Brad Banducci early within the pandemic to talk about bathroom paper gross sales?
a) Treasurer Josh Frydenberg
b) Prime Minister Scott Morrison
c) Visy Industries government chairman Anthony Pratt
13. Which of those three retailers obtained extra in JobKeeper funds?
a) Division retailer Myer, which was pressured to shut its doorways for almost two months and stand down 10,000 workers
b) Smiggle, Portmans, and Peter Alexander proprietor Premier Investments, which additionally refused to pay hire for a number of months
c) Wesfarmers, which owns Officeworks, Kmart, and Bunnings.
14. How a lot money did Crown Resorts discover in a cabinet contained in the personal gaming parlour of its controversial “junket” companion Suncity at Crown Melbourne, which despatched “money-laundering alarms ringing” however didn’t have any influence on the partnership?
b) $2 million
c) $5.6 million
15. Which ASX-listed firm misplaced its chief government and chief monetary officer inside two weeks, is being sued by its former normal counsel, and later revealed $590 million in losses?
a) Patriot Pastries
b) Freedom Meals
c) Nothing-left-to-lose Edibles
16. Which massive company takeover did Treasurer Josh Frydenberg forestall on grounds it will be “opposite to the nationwide curiosity”?
a) Chinese language firm Mengniu Dairy’s takeover of Japanese agency Lion Dairy & Drinks
b) Japanese group Asahi’s buy of Carlton & United Breweries
c) The Ontario Municipal Workers Retirement System’s buy of 19.99 per cent of electrical energy community operator Transgrid from Kuwaiti agency Wren Home Infrastructure
17) How a lot did Afterpay’s market capitalisation develop from backside of the market on March 23 to a peak on December 17?
a) from $500 million as much as $3 billion
b) from $2.4 billion as much as $34.2 billion
c) from $1 billion to $100 billion
18) Which neobank handed again its licence and all its clients’ cash in December?
19. Virgin Australia attracted a spread of preliminary presents throughout a sale course of run by the airline’s directors. Which group was not a bidder?
a) Indigo Airways from India by way of its largest shareholder InterGlobe Enterprises
b) Indigo Companions from Arizona
c) Indigo-go Aviation by way of its New York proprietor Cypress Capital
20. Which international firm out of the blue withdrew from Australia in January 2020 after spending a whole bunch of thousands and thousands on property and workers, however by no means opening a retailer?
a) Canada’s Tim Horton’s
b) Germany’s Kaufland
c) China’s Alibaba
ANSWERS: 1:a 2:b 3:c 4:c 5:b 6:a 7:c 8:c 9:a ten:b 11:b 12:a 13:a 14:c 15:b 16:a 17:b 18:c 19:c 20:b
Rating one level per right reply.
Beneath 5 factors: You’ll recuperate from 2020 with out an excessive amount of long run psychological scarring since you clearly prevented the information, however you additionally missed out the perfect positive aspects in 30 years.
5 – 10 factors: You managed to get up and skim the information most days. Congratulations!
10 – 15 factors: Have been you a type of annoying individuals who really bought fitter throughout lockdown?
15 – 20 factors: Let’s hope you no less than made some huge cash from paying a lot consideration to the rolling catastrophe that was 2020. Now go and spend it on somebody who deserves it.
Begin the day with main tales, unique protection and knowledgeable opinion from our main enterprise journalists delivered to your inbox. Sign up here.
Lucy Battersby has coated developments, know-how and telecommunications since becoming a member of The Age in 2008.